Home through Star Shine....

Hand Over your Heart

Saturday, April 21, 2012

In Definition...

doodle by me :)
What does it mean to be Lion Hearted?
Is that a rhetorical question?
What does it mean to embrace the Lions Heart to ones life?
What does it mean to conjure up the spirit of the Lion Heart?








lionhearted
BRAVE, COURAGEOUS, VALIANT, GALLANT, INTREPID, VALOROUS, FEARLESS, BOLD, DARING:STOUTHEARTED, STALWART, HEROIC, DOUGHTY, PLUCKY, MANLY, INFORMAL GUTSY, 
SPUNKY, BALLSY.


It's an old word. A word that I am quite fond of this year.
I keep coming back to it over and over again in my drawings, my sketches, my daily living.
Lion Heart.
Lion evokes feelings for me of great honor and respect. Of reverence and of strength.
It also evokes the mystery (for me) of being Master of my surroundings, King of this Jungle as it were.
These are the mysteries that I want to explore, implore ... in my art, and in my interactions with this life of mine, events, people, daily encounters.
This sparks other definitions of The LionHeart, such as.. 


implore
ORIGIN early 16th cent.: from French implorer or Latin implorareinvoke with tears.’
((oh... well that's lovely, isn't it))
Heart.
I liked this definition the most:
the central or innermost part of something right in the heart of the city.• the vital part or essence the heart of the matter.

Ah. well.... no need to go looking for definition there.
I like to think of myself as "all heart".. you've heard the expressions I'm sure. 


Heart on my sleeve, broken hearted,heavy heart,  heartfelt, heart centered, heart healing, hand over heart hoping to die and sticking needles in my eye,from the bottom of my heart,after my own heart, heartache, change of heart.... heart heart hearts.
Heart I got. Heart I live. Messy, aching, glorious-ever so slightly wary, heart. We got it.
Within this sometimes frail/cowardly heart of mine, sometimes..bruised and wincing heart of mine is this DrEaM... and it scares it ClOsEd...and so with that I've come to a definition at this time and I hope you are still with me..


Lion+Heart = To be Master of my own Heart. 


which in turn is being master of that oh-so-freaking-scary-dream of mine.


And how am I to embark on this quest for the Lion Heart, imploringly, with informal gutsy, spunky stoutheartedness?


With you as my witness of course.


What is your word of the year?
Are you exploring it... Lion Hearted....I for one hope you are.


I raise my paint brush to our GUTS.


go get 'em Lion Hearts...








No comments:

Post a Comment