Home through Star Shine....

Hand Over your Heart

Friday, December 23, 2011

Rear View Mirror

photo by Rhiannon LaRee my 16 yr. old 
With the new year there is always reflection...
reflection on what was, what is and what could have been.
Looking in my rearview mirror I see a sunset emerging...it's vibrant and teeming with life.
Colors are vivid and the mood serene..
I will no ruin it with coulda shoulda's.
I will instead embrace what became of all the jumps, hoops and hurdles.
I will gently remind myself to trust myself, trust in the power that is, trust in others.

Dear 2012.. it's me from 2011.
Next year...as I look into my rearview mirror...let me see that I took with me all that you had to offer. And I thank you in advance for making me a better everything.

Lion-hearted
and trusting am I.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said.
    Thank you for sharing this poetry and wisdom with the Painting Tribe.
    Blessings to you in 2012.
    -Briana G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Briana... hope the magic of this season spills over into all aspects of your life in 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete