Home through Star Shine....

Hand Over your Heart

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Just like the river

It's been a long time coming... but I believe my change has come


I have had Queen of Soul's bone crushing, soul soothing, heart wrenching voice in my head for over two months.
It's been twisting and turning in my body, making it's way through every stubborn cell that says
 ... It's too late.
Aretha Franklin's truth spills out when she steps to the microphone. There is no magic trick, no illusion, no sparkly distractions.
It's her. Her Truth. Her Microphone. Her Voice.
And she manages to tear me open with one perfect lyrical line and put me back together again the next.

See a change is coming. A change is here. I literally woke up in the middle of a conversation with my best friend and husband. We were having a serious discussion about what needs to change.
And I heard thunder rolling and lightning striking inside of my bones.
And I knew I'd never be the same.
See I know all the affirmations.
I sing and share and admire them.
They are nothing without action.

A change is coming. A change is here. Ohhhhh yes it is.


Aretha is teaching me something else. She's teaching me to take it low and slow. The the draw of her voice... like honey. No rush. It's not too late. You are where you need to be. Keep moving. Don't stop. There is no looking back because there is nothing there.
A change is coming. A change is here.

Here's some visuals of my life lately.










No comments:

Post a Comment